Letting go of rumination. Finding peace. Presence in life. Reducing stress. – This is mindfulness. Not only participants of my past courses have experienced these benefits, research measures similar results as well. Although mindfulness is not a wondrous elixir, solving all our problems, it does help us stay more balanced in many areas of life
Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction (MBSR), first developed at University of Massachusetts, is the mother of all mindfulness courses. The November course is taught by internationally qualified, senior teacher András Barta, MA, who has already taught hundreds of people this transformative view.
- 8 sessions of 2.5 hours long each on Wednesday evenings, 6:00–8:30 pm. Session dates: November 14, 21, 28. December 5, 12, 19. January 2, 9.
- + 1 retreat day (practice day): 10:00 am to 4 pm on Saturday, December 22.
- Location: Lélekszíntér, Budapest, XIII., Balzac u. 39., door bell no. 5. (A couple of minutes on foot from Jászai Mari tér.)
- A small group, with a minimum of 6, maximum of 12 participants, to enhance effectiveness, mutual attention.
- The course teacher has a short, private conversation with every participant on phone, on Internet or personally if necessary.
- The course language is English. You’re required to speak and understand at a fluent, conversational level.
Mindfulness is a view and tool to pay attention to ourselves. It is not difficult or complicated, but requires some time. This course asks you to commit yourself to a minimum of 30 minutes daily, at least on 6 days of a week, for the duration of the course. (These 30 minutes are not only formal meditations, but other home tasks, too.) Only join this course if you are ready for this commitment.
MBSR curriculum is based on ancient meditation techniques as well as scientific research of the past 40 years on those techniques. MBSR is considered an evidence-based approach, first applied in hospital environment only. Reduction of stress, anxiety, panic disorder, chronic pain, ADHD, addictions, eating disorders is among the most frequent findings regarding mindfulness. It is also applied to relapse-prevention of depression, reduce suffering of people living with cancer.
Mindfulness course is a self development process. However, it is not a therapy, a talk group or counselling. The main focus is home practice while sessions themselves give us essential orientation.
Course price varies according to your financial situation and your own decision:
- Being wealthy (on Hungarian standards) you pay HUF 87 000.
- Being in the middle you pay HUF 68 000.
- In case you need a discount, please, contact us, noting the amount of discount you need. We’ll come back to you with the reply as soon as possible.
- Price must be paid before the course starts.
- 8 sessions of 2.5 hours each
- a retreat day (practice day) of 6 hours
- a private conversation with the teacher on phone (or personally)
- a course workbook
- cc 10 recordings of guided meditations
Click here to apply.